Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Niger river....


I was talking to my father today about my new blog, and that the name of it is “ mon aventure” He asked me then about the name of the river in Mali? I did answer proudly that it is:’ The Niger river” and then he told me, do you know the adventure of the Niger river? I didn’t know, but now I know :O) here is what I fond:

 Niger River, a river of western Africa. It is 2,600 miles (4,200 km) long, the third longest in Africa (after the Nile and the Congo). It drains an area of about 730,000 square miles (1,890,700 km2)."

The Niger begins in southern Guinea near the Sierra Leone border and flows in a great arc northeastward into Mali, skirting the edge of the Sahara before turning southeastward and flowing through Niger and Nigeria. It empties into the Gulf of Guinea through a broad delta.
This is what we call an adventure,  right??

1 comment: